Lip-synching a live performance is considered a grave offense to many. It’s a shameful thing that insults the audience’s intelligence and pocket books, and in some cases can leave a musician’s reputation forever marred. Despite all of that, lip-synching is still a very common practice amongst artists. Sometimes it’s even required of them regardless of what they may think about it, but when news of the mimed performance hits the media it’s always a big scandal.
Check out these 15 lip-synching artists who were caught in the act.
Beyoncé’s performance of the National Anthem at the 2013 Presidential Inauguration for Obama’s second term left people in awe of her flawless voice. Turns out her flawless performance was a flawless recording. It was decided that a recording would be the best decision given that Beyoncé did not have a chance to rehearse with the Marine band for the song. Widespread speculation led to media coverage of this supposed scandal, but Bey didn’t seem too phased by it. She definitely had an easier time of it than others on our list like…
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Politicians That Got A Second Chance (From Affairs To Prostitution And More!)
- Sister, Sister: Red Carpet Fashion Faceoff!
- Star Witness: 15 Celebrities Who Were Witnesses or Called to Testify in Major Cases
- You're Doing it Wrong!: 15 Movies Based on a True Story That Received Backlash From Their Real-Life Characters
- They Survived Torment, Humiliation, And Degradation Before Fame: 15 Stars Who Were Bullied
- Fashion Forward: 12 Savvy Entrepreneurs To Take Note Of
- In Honor Of Asian American Heritage Week, 12 Of Our Fave Asian American Designers
- They're Greenlighting This? 14 Upcoming Movies That Make Us Question Hollywood's Thought Process