Seeking fresh inspiration, H&M traveled to Asia for the summer 2013 collection. In a simple pared down lookbook, the fast-fashion brand shows a tight collection that doesn’t scream Asia, but possesses subtle and elegant nods to the Far East. Passing up the typical Asian prints, the design crew has opted for muted floral prints, embossed fabrics and slight floral embellishments. Silhouette-wise, the line evokes graceful kimonos, sheer wide-leg trousers and obi-wrap belts. We’re definitely crushing on the rich tassel earrings, quilted bomber and dense prints. Though none of the pieces amount to an obvious reference, the influence is felt throughout the quiet lookbook that forgoes the standard bright neons and garish cuts that summer collections usually boast.
Click through to see the rest of H&M’s Summer 2013 lookbook below.
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Gifted and Talented: 15 Musicians Who Have Made Their Way On Screen
- Winners Circle: The Best Dressed StyleBlazers Of The Week (Misty Copeland, Kerry Washington And More)
- Modelizers: Leading Men Who Chose Models
- The Sequels Being Fast Tracked That You Didn't Expect: 15 Upcoming (And Surprising) Franchise Follow-Ups
- Billboard Music Awards: Best Dressed History
- Fitspiration: Brown Girls DO Work Out! (Our Fave Celebs Getting It In At The Gym)
- Fine Wine: 15 Men Who Got Better Looking With Age
- Embellished Fashion Pieces for Day & Night