The western world has contributed to a lot of beauty trends and phenomenons throughout the continent of Africa– some being positive, others not so much. One new fascination is the “Pink Lips” trend, booming in Nigeria. For a mere $30, men have been heading–in flocks– to tattoo parlors to have their bottom lips made pink or red. In the video below, the shop owner claims that they get around ten customers a day looking to get the procedure. “We help out those with black lips, to clean their lips and make them pink,” said the tattoo artist.
Whenever a beauty procedure is created to change the natural makeup of oneself to something more “appealing” (aka European), we have to questions the real motives. Obviously this is controversial and very permanent procedure, so we’d love to know your thoughts.
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Overnight Sensations: 15 Celebrities Who Seem To Have Made It Overnight
- Tinseltown Magic: 15 Stars Who Have Opted For Plastic Surgery
- These Secret Twists Didn't Get Spoiled: 15 Of Our Favorite Old And New Film Fake-Outs
- Discovered by Disney: 15 Stars Who Got Their Start With Mickey
- The It Factor: Kelly Rowland's 10 Best Looks
- Editors' Pick: Best Shoe Game
- Politicians That Got A Second Chance (From Affairs To Prostitution And More!)
- Sister, Sister: Red Carpet Fashion Faceoff!