BB creams have been taking the U.S. by storm for the last few years. These Blemish Balm or Beauty Balm wonders are wildly popular in Asia for their skin care and makeup combining qualities. Many Asian BB creams put together the power of moisturizer, primer, SPF, anti-aging, brightening, and tinted moisturizer all in one simple and easy to use product. Unfortunately, most of them come in one maybe, two shades. The ones that have made their way to the U.S. come in a couple more shades, but if you’re a certain shade of brown, you’ll find that BB creams tend to exclude you.
However, in recent months, a number of brands have put out BB creams that don’t call Halle Berry’s complexion “dark,” and we’ve put together a list of some of the best to try should your heart so desire.
Check out what they are!
This awesome new kid on the block comes in 6 shades ranging from fair to very deep. What I love most about it is although BB creams tend to err on the moisturizing side, it didn’t make my oily skin feel like an oil slick and it had decent coverage.
This British high street makeup brand has always committed to making quality makeup at really great prices for ALL skin tones. So it’s no surprise that their BB cream comes in a great range of seven shades. I also loved that it provides more coverage than your average BB.
It may be safe to say the Brits get it right when it comes to having an extensive range of shades in BB creams. Illamasqua’s version has 17 shades! The formula is best suited for those with drier skin.
So the Dark in this 5-shade range is more like a caramel brown, but since many BB creams don’t even come close to that shade, it makes the cut.
This is a BB cream for those who require very little—and I mean VERY little coverage. I have pretty decent skin and found that it was too light even for me, but the Dark was deep enough to match my NW47 skin.
Have you tried BB Creams yet?
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Gifted and Talented: 15 Musicians Who Have Made Their Way On Screen
- Winners Circle: The Best Dressed StyleBlazers Of The Week (Misty Copeland, Kerry Washington And More)
- Modelizers: Leading Men Who Chose Models
- The Sequels Being Fast Tracked That You Didn't Expect: 15 Upcoming (And Surprising) Franchise Follow-Ups
- Billboard Music Awards: Best Dressed History
- Fitspiration: Brown Girls DO Work Out! (Our Fave Celebs Getting It In At The Gym)
- Fine Wine: 15 Men Who Got Better Looking With Age
- Embellished Fashion Pieces for Day & Night