Adriana Lima, Photo: WENN
When you think of women on the Forbes’ list, you probably think of powerful celebrities like Beyoncé and Oprah. But the latest high earning ladies who made it to the list are coming off the runway. According to WWD, 6 of the Forbes’ list’s highest-earning models are Victoria’s Secret Angels. At the top of the list is former Angel, Gisele Bundchen. She made an estimated $45 million between May 2011 and May 2012 with campaigns that included Pantene, Espirit and Versace. Other Angels on the list include Adriana Lima, who came in fourth place making $7.3 million and Doutzen Kroes in the fifth spot, who made$6.9 million. Alessandra Ambrosio, number six on the list, made $6.6 million, Miranda Kerr claimed seventh place with $4 million, and Candice Swanepoel landed in the 10th slot with $3.1 million.
A Victoria’s Secret Angel’s job goes beyond posing in intimates. They’re required to appear in the annual Victoria’s Secret fashion show (the 2012 telecast brought in more than nine million viewers), appear in print and TV ad campaigns, pose for swimwear catalogs, and make in-store appearances. This type of exposure can draw more deals in film, TV, and working on other fashion and beauty campaigns, which is evident by the careers of other former Angels like Rosie Huntington-Whitely, Heidi Klum and Tyra Banks.
Angels making million dollar moves!
What do you think, StyleBlazers? Are these Angels worth all the bank?
-Adrienne A. Gadling
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Films of the Future? 15 Movies That Accurately Predicted Events
- 15 Celebs Who Had Crazy Custody Battles
- Becoming 'Yeezus': How Kanye West's Style Has Evolved Since 'The College Dropout'
- 15 Fashion Trends We Never Want To See Again!
- They Turned Up The Melodrama For TV Movies: 15 Stars Who Starred In Lifetime Original Films
- 15 Celebs Who Love A Pair Of Ripped Jeans
- Extreme Beauty: 15 Wacky Celebrity Beauty Treatments
- The Evolution of Baby Kimye: From Baby Bump to Bouncing Baby Girl!