StyleBlazers, did you invest in at least one item with a peplum last year? The ultra-flattering silhouette was only the biggest trend poppin’ in 2012, and if the Spring ’13 runways are any indication of what’s to come, peplum isn’t going away anytime soon! In the world of red carpets and celebs, we’ve seen one particular peplum trend emerge as the number one pick – Lanvin’s sculpted peplum dress, which rings in at a whopping $3,500 to $4,100 depending on the color and sleeve style. You may recall that Alicia Keys donned a red strapless version of the dress on the cover of Essence in December. Earlier last year, we spotted Charlize Theron rocking the exact same version of the dress on the red carpet at the MTV Movie Awards. Kim Kardashian is also a fan of the style. In a total diva move, she changed into the long-sleeved hunter green version of the dress in the middle of her birthday dinner. Finally, just last week, Jennifer Lopez joined the Lanvin peplum dress fan club rocking a winter white version of the dress to the New York premiere of her new movie, Parker. Apparently, this dress is too fly to pass on, even if everybody else has it. But our question is who wore it better?
Click through our StyleBlazer Fashion Face-Off and cast your vote!
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Gifted and Talented: 15 Musicians Who Have Made Their Way On Screen
- Winners Circle: The Best Dressed StyleBlazers Of The Week (Misty Copeland, Kerry Washington And More)
- Modelizers: Leading Men Who Chose Models
- The Sequels Being Fast Tracked That You Didn't Expect: 15 Upcoming (And Surprising) Franchise Follow-Ups
- Billboard Music Awards: Best Dressed History
- Fitspiration: Brown Girls DO Work Out! (Our Fave Celebs Getting It In At The Gym)
- Fine Wine: 15 Men Who Got Better Looking With Age
- Embellished Fashion Pieces for Day & Night