Has former teen star, Miley Cyrus, finally transitioned into womanhood? Miley’s Cosmopolitan’s March 2013 cover issue may solidify this transition. She isn’t Hannah Montana anymore and has shed her long locks and good girl image for a more edgier rock star vibe. In the issue, Miley gushes about her fiancé, Hunger Games star Liam Hensworth, saying ”I’ll literally look at him and be like ‘You are hot, dear god!” Focusing on acting as well as music, Miley revealed to Cosmo her collaborations with Mary J. Blige and Tyler the Creator on her upcoming album.
She also spoke about adopting her own identity saying, “Some of the worst things that have happened in my career, like things getting leaked, have actually been what’s best for me, because people knew when I was on that show that I was really growing up. I never faked anything. I never played the Disney game of smiling and being a princess and then suddenly having a hard time, saying, ‘That isn’t who I really am.’” Miley definitively made a full 180 degree change from her Disney days, but is this racy image just a faze or is she truly embracing her identity? We’ll have to wait and see.
Full story: Cosmopolitan
Click through to see Miley go from innocent to edgy over the years.
Photo: Fabrizio Picco/WENN
Miley Cyrus at 2007 People’s Choice Awards at the Shrine Auditorium.
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Gifted and Talented: 15 Musicians Who Have Made Their Way On Screen
- Winners Circle: The Best Dressed StyleBlazers Of The Week (Misty Copeland, Kerry Washington And More)
- Modelizers: Leading Men Who Chose Models
- The Sequels Being Fast Tracked That You Didn't Expect: 15 Upcoming (And Surprising) Franchise Follow-Ups
- Billboard Music Awards: Best Dressed History
- Fitspiration: Brown Girls DO Work Out! (Our Fave Celebs Getting It In At The Gym)
- Fine Wine: 15 Men Who Got Better Looking With Age
- Embellished Fashion Pieces for Day & Night