The clouds have opened up and piece of heaven has dawned upon us… OK, we may be a little melodramatic. But when Barneys New York announced they’ll be launching an online site with discount items, it basically made our day.
Like every dedicated fashionista in New York knows, when the retailer has its bi-annually warehouse sales in August and February, it’s essentially a stampede. On Monday, shoppers will be able to head to Barneyswarehouse.com to get deals on designers duds all year long.
The site was created to garner the same kind of sales and excitement generated by the bi-annual sale, as well as appeal to a wider range of customers. “The online business is explosive and the fastest-growing business we have,” Daniella Vitale, chief merchant and executive vice president of Barneys, told WWD. “It will be no different for the off-price component. The warehouse sale is [a factory] outlet in the same way that Barneys.com is a flagship and should reflect the Madison Avenue location.”
According to the trade publication, merchandise on the warehouse site will be past-season sale items at discounts of up to 75 percent off retail, including women’s wear, men’s wear, children’s wear that will be updated throughout the season. As for the bi-annual warehouse sale, Barneys will be scaling back and focusing more on men’s clothing for those.
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Politicians That Got A Second Chance (From Affairs To Prostitution And More!)
- Sister, Sister: Red Carpet Fashion Faceoff!
- Star Witness: 15 Celebrities Who Were Witnesses or Called to Testify in Major Cases
- You're Doing it Wrong!: 15 Movies Based on a True Story That Received Backlash From Their Real-Life Characters
- They Survived Torment, Humiliation, And Degradation Before Fame: 15 Stars Who Were Bullied
- Fashion Forward: 12 Savvy Entrepreneurs To Take Note Of
- In Honor Of Asian American Heritage Week, 12 Of Our Fave Asian American Designers
- They're Greenlighting This? 14 Upcoming Movies That Make Us Question Hollywood's Thought Process