The success of Shonda Rhimes’ ABC show, “Scandal” has garnered an overwhelming amount of support– for the show and lead actor, Kerry Washington! The Bronx-native has proven her acting chops week after week with cutthroat lines and intense scenes.
As Kerry celebrates her 36th birthday today, there’s no better way to celebrate her than giving ten of her best lines from Season 2 to you. From her love affair with the president to powerful role as D.C.’s unofficial “fixer,” her lines speaks volumes.
Look below at what she’s said that moved us to ultimate stan-dom.
1. “You have called me a criminal, a Slore, an idiot, and a liar, so this is pretty much the last time we’ll be speaking, so one, who I am or am not screwing, what I am or am not doing, is no longer any of your damn business.” — Season 2, Episode 11
2. “You want more responsibility around here, you earn it.” — Season 2, Episode 7
3. “What you want is 15 Christmases on December 25th, 15 birthdays, 15 years of sleeping next to him and waking up with him. You want anniversary dinners, you want parent-teacher conferences, and school plays. You want fights over whose turn it is to wash the dishes and walk the dog. What you want, what you’ve always wanted, is to be part of his life. Now he’s gone you want to be part of his legacy. But you aren’t and you never were. And I can get you six million dollars to try and fix how much that hurts, but that is all that I can do.” –Season 2, Episode 2
4. “Dinner is popcorn. But lucky for you I just opened a Bordeaux that’ll bring tears to your eyes.” — Season 2, Episode 5
5. “I prefer to think that anything can be fixed.” — Season 2, Episode 5
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- 15 Celebs Who Had Crazy Custody Battles
- Becoming 'Yeezus': How Kanye West's Style Has Evolved Since 'The College Dropout'
- 15 Fashion Trends We Never Want To See Again!
- They Turned Up The Melodrama For TV Movies: 15 Stars Who Starred In Lifetime Original Films
- 15 Celebs Who Love A Pair Of Ripped Jeans
- Extreme Beauty: 15 Wacky Celebrity Beauty Treatments
- The Evolution of Baby Kimye: From Baby Bump to Bouncing Baby Girl!
- Father's Day Love: 15 Of The Most Adorable Celebrity Photos