With a population of 166.6 million, it made obvious sense for MAC Cosmetics to expand its brand to Lagos, Nigeria– but the Estée Lauder Inc. owned company is not stopping there. As reported by WWD, the global retailer has a set plan to expand throughout Africa with a three-year strategy. In December they plan to open a storefront in Zambia and in early January, Botswana.
“MAC has always been a trailblazer in emerging markets — India, Brazil and Turkey, for example,” Karen Buglisi the global brand president for MAC Cosmetics told the trade publication. “We believe that the breadth of our product line, particularly in foundation shades, and our pricing will appeal to the Nigerian market, as well other African markets.”
Having experience in South Africa with over 20 MACs in the country, they also plan to have a resident trainer and a senior makeup artist in each locale. “We want customers to be able to go to any market in the world and have a seamless service experience, and we will provide top-notch education to make this happen. We want to go in to Africa boldly and say, ‘We’re here.’,” Buglisi added.
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Winners Circle: The Best Dressed StyleBlazers Of The Week (Selena Gomez, Bridget Kelly And More!)
- Shop 16 Chic Accessories For Stylish Gadget Geeks & Techies
- So Hard To Say Goodbye: 15 Celebrity Couples We Were Sad To See Go
- Filtered Flicks: This Week’s Most Stylish On Instagram (Selita Ebanks Shines In Mizrahi, J.Lo Chills On Set With Pitbull And More!)
- Arrested Development: 15 Celebs Who Have Been Arrested
- 15 Celebs Who Ditched Their Long Hair For A Shorter Look
- These Actors Almost Missed Out (And So Did We): 15 Stars Who Nearly Passed On Iconic Roles
- Celeb Moms That Bounced Back After Pregnancy Like It Was Nothing (Beyoncé's Body Post Blue Ivy, Jennifer Lopez's Curves After Twins and More!)