Self-help and how-to books can be very useful motivators for readers looking to gain personal growth or acquire new skills. However, celebrity written books in these genres can be a mixed bag. While the book might benefit from having the name value of a famous face for brand recognition, not every celebrity seems fit to dish out advice. Here are 15 extremely unlikely celebrity how-to or self-help books.
Alec Baldwin, the notoriously prickly star of 30 Rock, would hardly be anyone’s celebrity choice for father of the year. In 2007 he was scandalized by a leaked, rage fueled cellphone message to his daughter, Ireland. Though the message made Baldwin infamous for calling his child a “rude little pig,” this didn’t stop him from writing A Promise To Ourselves: A Journey Through Fatherhood and Divorce. The inspirational memoir/self-help book is intended for anyone with children who are or have experienced a separation. Through Baldwin’s wit and intelligence, the book became an unlikely best seller, though it probably didn’t hurt sales that he discussed the “rude little pig” experience in depth within the book.
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Editors' Pick: Must Have Summer Items
- TV Chic: Top 15 Most Fashionable TV Characters
- 15 Fitness Tips & Tricks From The Stars
- 15 Timeless Beauties We Love
- The Fountain of Youth: 15 Celebrity Anti-Aging Tips & Tricks
- 15 Celebrities Who Helped Revive Other Celeb's Careers
- Films of the Future? 15 Movies That Accurately Predicted Events
- 15 Celebs Who Had Crazy Custody Battles