Sometimes it isn’t enough for a celebrity to make their money in music, movies, or politics. More and more of the rich and famous are turning to private investments to shake things up and get on the cutting edge of business. Hence the growing number of tech investments being made by Hollywood’s elite. These well-known, well financed figures are lending their dollars and name value to a wide variety of products, services, and innovations within the tech field. Here are 15 celebrities who have gotten in on the ground floor of several tech-based ventures.
jOBS star Ashton Kutcher may be Hollywood’s leading tech financier. Among the start-ups Kutcher has funded are the phone payment service Dwolla, the textbook company Chegg, the social media iPad app Flipboard, the social networking site Foursquare, and the online voice over IP Skype.
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- 15 Celebrities Who Helped Revive Other Celeb's Careers
- Films of the Future? 15 Movies That Accurately Predicted Events
- 15 Celebs Who Had Crazy Custody Battles
- Becoming 'Yeezus': How Kanye West's Style Has Evolved Since 'The College Dropout'
- 15 Fashion Trends We Never Want To See Again!
- They Turned Up The Melodrama For TV Movies: 15 Stars Who Starred In Lifetime Original Films
- 15 Celebs Who Love A Pair Of Ripped Jeans
- Extreme Beauty: 15 Wacky Celebrity Beauty Treatments