If you ever needed a reason to feel bad about your small, crammed-up city apartment, this is it. The Hollywood version of the Obamas, Will and Jada Pinkett Smith, recently opened up their 25,000 sq. ft mansion in Calabasas, California to Architectural Digest magazine, and it’s absolutely beautiful. The Smiths are LIVING VERY WELL.
See an excerpt of the article below and proceed to view the slide show of the Smith Family in their sunny, upscale environment:
For the Pinkett Smiths, the most important consideration in designing the 25,000 square-foot home was that it exude intimacy. The nine-bedroom residence includes a meditation room as well as a circular floor plan which creates “an infinite cycle that represented what Jada and I hoped for our love,” says Smith, who next appears in Men in Black III. The property also includes a lake, basketball and tennis courts and three golf holes. The couple reportedly moved into their dream house in 2004 after a seven-year-long building process.
Pinkett Smith — who next appears in Madagascar 3 and wears a vibrant Lanvin dress on the cover — says that, “for Will and me this home was always a spiritual endeavor. We’re very earthy, organic people. We wanted to create a family retreat, something made by hand and as natural as possible, something that ties back to the land.
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Star Witness: 15 Celebrities Who Were Witnesses or Called to Testify in Major Cases
- You're Doing it Wrong!: 15 Movies Based on a True Story That Received Backlash From Their Real-Life Characters
- They Survived Torment, Humiliation, And Degradation Before Fame: 15 Stars Who Were Bullied
- Fashion Forward: 12 Savvy Entrepreneurs To Take Note Of
- In Honor Of Asian American Heritage Week, 12 Of Our Fave Asian American Designers
- They're Greenlighting This? 14 Upcoming Movies That Make Us Question Hollywood's Thought Process
- Musicians At The Movies: 15 Rock Stars, Rappers, And Pop Icons Who Received Their Own Film Vehicles
- 15 Musicians With The Biggest World Tours!