Lena Dunham is one busy girl. According to deadline, the young actress/writer/executive producer has teamed up with Girls co-executive producer, Jenni Konner, to reportedly work on a fashion based comedy. The series will be based on Bergdorf Goodman personal shopper Betty Halbreich’s upcoming memoir, All Dressed Up And Everywhere To Go. Halbreich, who started Bergdorf personal shopping service in 1976, is still currently at the helm. She has had a long career, throughout which she has dressed the likes of Meryle Streep, Sarah Jessica Parker and other celebrities. She also played a part in designing the signature look for HBO’s Sex And The City. As deadline reported, “Dunham and Konner plan to write together the TV project, which will delve into the life of Halbreich who has spent decades working with the rich and famous.” HBO has reportedly bought the rights to the memoir, but there is no word yet on when the series is set to air.
StyleBlazers, has your interest been piqued?
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Gifted and Talented: 15 Musicians Who Have Made Their Way On Screen
- Winners Circle: The Best Dressed StyleBlazers Of The Week (Misty Copeland, Kerry Washington And More)
- Modelizers: Leading Men Who Chose Models
- The Sequels Being Fast Tracked That You Didn't Expect: 15 Upcoming (And Surprising) Franchise Follow-Ups
- Billboard Music Awards: Best Dressed History
- Fitspiration: Brown Girls DO Work Out! (Our Fave Celebs Getting It In At The Gym)
- Fine Wine: 15 Men Who Got Better Looking With Age
- Embellished Fashion Pieces for Day & Night