When you see names like Tarantino, Baldwin, Jackson and Murray, your brain immediately thinks of the famous mega-stars of Hollywood. Yet, sometimes it’s best to take a second glance. What you may think is the latest project from your favorite actor or director may just be one from their less-beloved relative.
Here are 15 relatives to the rich and famous who used their surname to cash-in on their kin’s success.
Photo: Rachel Worth/WENN.com
Django Unchained writer/director Quentin Tarantino’s childhood has been well documented. His father, Tony Tarantino, walked out on the family when Quentin was just a baby in favor of pursuing a career as an actor and musician. After his son rose to fame with Reservoir Dogs, Tony conveniently re-emerged to piggy-back on his son’s success. In a scum bag move, Tony has used his famous last name to further pursue his own acting career in independent, straight-to-video fare. In a 2010 interview, Quentin said “He’s an actor only because he has my last name. But he was never part of my life. I didn’t know him. I’ve never met him.”
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Politicians That Got A Second Chance (From Affairs To Prostitution And More!)
- Sister, Sister: Red Carpet Fashion Faceoff!
- Star Witness: 15 Celebrities Who Were Witnesses or Called to Testify in Major Cases
- You're Doing it Wrong!: 15 Movies Based on a True Story That Received Backlash From Their Real-Life Characters
- They Survived Torment, Humiliation, And Degradation Before Fame: 15 Stars Who Were Bullied
- Fashion Forward: 12 Savvy Entrepreneurs To Take Note Of
- In Honor Of Asian American Heritage Week, 12 Of Our Fave Asian American Designers
- They're Greenlighting This? 14 Upcoming Movies That Make Us Question Hollywood's Thought Process