As the star of a weekly television show, regular on red carpets and movie star Kerry Washington finds herself in the limelight all the time– with her hair taking the brunt of the work. The 36-year-old actress attended the 44th NAACP Image Awards and decided to rock her natural hair, slicked back with the help of a few Carol’s Daughter products. Celebrity hairstylist, Marcus Francis gave the scoop on how he achieved the look for the gorg actress.
“Kerry’s Oscar de la Renta gown made a statement both with the pastel colors and the dramatic train,” Francis said. “I wanted to keep the look soft and feminine, so having her hair half up with the clean texture created by the Carol’s Daughter products helped achieve that look while making it modern.”
The look took five simple steps:
1. Blow dry the hair with a round brush, adding a few drops of Carol’s Daughter Monoi Oil Sacred Strengthening Serum to the ends.
2. Then, flat iron the hair from roots to ends to seal in the shine. Proceed by adding a small pump of Carol’s Daughter Monoi Repairing Split End Sealer after flat ironing to lock in added moisture.
3. Section out the top middle section, creating a clean part on either side of the head. Then lightly tease a few sections at the front for height and brush using a Mason Pearson hair brush. Then blend the teased hair into the back of the head, keeping the sides clean and securing with two bobby pins on either side.
4. With a 1 1/4″ size curling iron, curl the ends, holding the iron for three seconds for added movement. Brush out to soften.
5. Smooth the hairline with a spritz of Carol’s Daughter Macadamia Heat Styling Hairspray on a toothbrush-like finishing tool. Finish by a final half pump of Monoi Repairing Split End Sealer on the curled ends.
Source: TRACTENBERG & CO. Press