In recent years many critics have claimed that the quality of television has far outpaced that of feature films. While the mediums may be too different to garner a fair comparison, one thing’s for sure– more and more filmmakers are dabbling in (if not completely switching over to) TV. Here are 15 filmmakers who have lent their noteworthy cinematic style and themes to the small screen.
Photo: Judy Eddy/WENN.com
Photo: Nikki Nelson/WENN.com
Alan Ball won an Academy Award for Best Original Screenplay in 1999 for American Beauty. After the achievement, he immediately turned his attention to the small screen, creating the award winning HBO series Six Feet Under. Most recently the writer has adapted Charlaine Harris’ Sookie Stackhouse book series into True Blood for HBO.
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- 15 Celebs Who Had Crazy Custody Battles
- Becoming 'Yeezus': How Kanye West's Style Has Evolved Since 'The College Dropout'
- 15 Fashion Trends We Never Want To See Again!
- They Turned Up The Melodrama For TV Movies: 15 Stars Who Starred In Lifetime Original Films
- 15 Celebs Who Love A Pair Of Ripped Jeans
- Extreme Beauty: 15 Wacky Celebrity Beauty Treatments
- The Evolution of Baby Kimye: From Baby Bump to Bouncing Baby Girl!
- Father's Day Love: 15 Of The Most Adorable Celebrity Photos