Not every Hollywood star rose to fame, fortune, and accolades in their early 20s. For many the road to success was a long one. While not always celebrated, these stories are often wrought with false starts, personal obstacles, and hard, unglamorous work. Here are 15 stars who experience their breakout roles late in life.
Jeremy Renner experienced mild success at the age of 24 when he won a small role in National Lampoon’s Senior Vacation. Unfortunately, the film was a massive critical flop, forcing Renner to spend several years surviving on television guest spots while also working as a makeup artist. A leading role in the indie film Dahmer led to small roles in features like S.W.A.T. and Lords of Dogtown. After scoring progressively larger and larger roles, Renner eventually won the lead in The Hurt Locker. He was 37 when the film became a breakout success, won an Oscar for his efforts and has been one of America’s favorite leading men ever since.
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- 15 Celebs Who Had Crazy Custody Battles
- Becoming 'Yeezus': How Kanye West's Style Has Evolved Since 'The College Dropout'
- 15 Fashion Trends We Never Want To See Again!
- They Turned Up The Melodrama For TV Movies: 15 Stars Who Starred In Lifetime Original Films
- 15 Celebs Who Love A Pair Of Ripped Jeans
- Extreme Beauty: 15 Wacky Celebrity Beauty Treatments
- The Evolution of Baby Kimye: From Baby Bump to Bouncing Baby Girl!
- Father's Day Love: 15 Of The Most Adorable Celebrity Photos