Many know Net-A-Porter for being a great destination to find high-end designer duds, but the e-commerce site has set its sights on more. As reported by WWD, the site plans to launch an online magazine title, “The Edit” that will publish once a week. The first issue is 30 pages and will eventually have 52 themed editions annually. The larger plan is to create a print version, which is yet to be named. Both publications will be aimed towards luxury fashion-focused women, in multiple languages, worldwide.
With original photography and writing the site hopes to compete with the big dogs of fashion mags, Vogue and Harper’s Bazaar. The edge the publication will have over others is the knowledge of what the readers are interested in by what they”re buying on the site.
“This is a new model for publishing, a blend of the old and the new, and the shopability really inspires me,” Tess Macleod Smith, vice president, media and publishing, of the Net-a-porter Group told WWD.
Will you be looking out for this?
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- 15 Timeless Beauties We Love
- The Fountain of Youth: 15 Celebrity Anti-Aging Tips & Tricks
- 15 Celebrities Who Helped Revive Other Celeb's Careers
- Films of the Future? 15 Movies That Accurately Predicted Events
- 15 Celebs Who Had Crazy Custody Battles
- Becoming 'Yeezus': How Kanye West's Style Has Evolved Since 'The College Dropout'
- 15 Fashion Trends We Never Want To See Again!
- They Turned Up The Melodrama For TV Movies: 15 Stars Who Starred In Lifetime Original Films