This British boy band was designed to be the male Spice Girls, and even had Simon Cowell manage their career. They were a little more street than the average boy band, with two rappers in the group. Their debut single “Slam dunk (Da Funk) ” was chosen as the NBA theme song in 1997, though the song didn’t chart. The next year, 5ive would release ”When The Lights Go Out,” from their debut album. The song cracked the top 10 on Billboard. Their single ”If Ya Gettin’ Down” from their sophomore release also became an international hit, but the members of 5ive butted heads with each other and Simon Cowell, and decided to call it quits. They reunited in 2006 and 2012 albeit with only 4 members. Kinda makes the whole band name a little awkward, doesn’t it?
Check out what the band looks like now!
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Overnight Sensations: 15 Celebrities Who Seem To Have Made It Overnight
- Tinseltown Magic: 15 Stars Who Have Opted For Plastic Surgery
- These Secret Twists Didn't Get Spoiled: 15 Of Our Favorite Old And New Film Fake-Outs
- Discovered by Disney: 15 Stars Who Got Their Start With Mickey
- The It Factor: Kelly Rowland's 10 Best Looks
- Editors' Pick: Best Shoe Game
- Politicians That Got A Second Chance (From Affairs To Prostitution And More!)
- Sister, Sister: Red Carpet Fashion Faceoff!