No official statement has been released yet, but current Essence magazine editor-in-chief, Constance White is rumored to be leaving the Time Inc. publication. White stepped in as head editor in March 2011, proceeded by Angela Burt Murray who was in the role from 2005-2010.
White was formerly the style director and brand consultant for eBay, style reporter for The New York Times and executive fashion editor for Elle. The news first broke when fashion writer, Lauren Peden (@FashionInformer) tweeted: “More magazine news: Just heard that Constance White is no longer editor-in-chief at Essence.”
We will give you more information as it comes.
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Gifted and Talented: 15 Musicians Who Have Made Their Way On Screen
- Winners Circle: The Best Dressed StyleBlazers Of The Week (Misty Copeland, Kerry Washington And More)
- Modelizers: Leading Men Who Chose Models
- The Sequels Being Fast Tracked That You Didn't Expect: 15 Upcoming (And Surprising) Franchise Follow-Ups
- Billboard Music Awards: Best Dressed History
- Fitspiration: Brown Girls DO Work Out! (Our Fave Celebs Getting It In At The Gym)
- Fine Wine: 15 Men Who Got Better Looking With Age
- Embellished Fashion Pieces for Day & Night