They say diamonds are a girl’s best friend, but we are of the Carrie Bradshaw generation and shoes are our best friend. So naturally, when we heard of the 150-shoe exhibit at The Museum at the Fashion institute of Technology (MFIT), hosted in partnership with Saks Fifth Avenue, we were dizzy with excitement. The exhibit, according to WWD, was curated by Valerie Steele, director and chief curator of the The Museum at The Fashion Institute of Technology, along with Colleen Hill, associate curator of accessories.
According to the exhibit’s press release, “Shoe Obsession examines our culture’s ever-growing fascination with extravagant and fashionable shoes.” Featured, will be “over 150 examples of the most extraordinary shoe styles of the 21st-century, highlighting the new concepts, constructions, materials, and types of embellishment that have positioned shoes at the height of fashion.”
On display you will find the works of Manolo Blahnik, Jimmy Choo, Christian Louboutin, Chanel, Pierre Hardy, Nicholas Kirkwood, Charlotte Olympia and many other leading contemporary designers. Also, shoes from major fashion houses such as Azzedine Alaïa, Givenchy, Alexander McQueen, and Prada will be featured. Not to be out done, Avant-garde designers such as Kei Kagami and Noritaka Tatehana will also be on display. Also, highlights from the shoe collection of jewelry designer Lynn Ban and fashion icon Daphne Guinness will be included. The Special Exhibitions Gallery will run through April 13th.
StyleBlazers, do you plan on visiting the exhibit?
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Filtered Flicks: This Week’s Most Stylish On Instagram (Selita Ebanks Shines In Mizrahi, J.Lo Chills On Set With Pitbull And More!)
- Arrested Development: 15 Celebs Who Have Been Arrested
- 15 Celebs Who Ditched Their Long Hair For A Shorter Look
- These Actors Almost Missed Out (And So Did We): 15 Stars Who Nearly Passed On Iconic Roles
- Celeb Moms That Bounced Back After Pregnancy Like It Was Nothing (Beyoncé's Body Post Blue Ivy, Jennifer Lopez's Curves After Twins and More!)
- Overnight Sensations: 15 Celebrities Who Seem To Have Made It Overnight
- Tinseltown Magic: 15 Stars Who Have Opted For Plastic Surgery
- These Secret Twists Didn't Get Spoiled: 15 Of Our Favorite Old And New Film Fake-Outs