There is such a thing as too much of a good thing. This principle extends to most aspects of life, including the film industry. Here are 15 actors whose careers took a blow from an abundance of movie and media overexposure.
Photo: Adrianna M. Barraza/WENN.com
Call Seth Rogen a victim of his own success. After the one-two punch of Superbad and Knocked Up in 2007, Rogen’s star rose. Unfortunately, the actor/writer may have spread himself a bit too thin as he was featured in no less than six movies the following year, four projects in 2009, and five projects in 2011. Of these films, only 50/50 and The Pineapple Express can be considered breakout vehicles (setting aside his voice over work, of course). Things slowed down for the actor last year with The Guilt Trip standing as his only major release. It yielded disappointing box office results, perhaps due to Rogen’s previous onscreen over saturation.
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Winners Circle: The Best Dressed StyleBlazers Of The Week (Selena Gomez, Bridget Kelly And More!)
- Shop 16 Chic Accessories For Stylish Gadget Geeks & Techies
- So Hard To Say Goodbye: 15 Celebrity Couples We Were Sad To See Go
- Filtered Flicks: This Week’s Most Stylish On Instagram (Selita Ebanks Shines In Mizrahi, J.Lo Chills On Set With Pitbull And More!)
- Arrested Development: 15 Celebs Who Have Been Arrested
- 15 Celebs Who Ditched Their Long Hair For A Shorter Look
- These Actors Almost Missed Out (And So Did We): 15 Stars Who Nearly Passed On Iconic Roles
- Celeb Moms That Bounced Back After Pregnancy Like It Was Nothing (Beyoncé's Body Post Blue Ivy, Jennifer Lopez's Curves After Twins and More!)