LaQuan Smith is only 23 years old but the up-and-coming designer is a bit of a veteran in the business.
For his Fall 2013 collection he incorporated a mix of PVC, metallics and laser cuts coming together for a futuristic collection. His presentation, held at the Hudson Hotel, was composed of 22 full ensembles. The theme was blending organic and inorganic elements to create feminine silhouette.
The girls wore crop tops, pleated skirts and body suits that resemble some of the pieces LaQuan has created for Rihanna, Lady Gaga and Beyoncé. Essentially, to wear these pieces you have to have a ton of confidence and don’t mind standing out in a crowd.
The most eye-catching piece had to be his jacket made of Mongolian fur and wool PVC (below).
All Photos by: Danielle Kwateng
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Politicians That Got A Second Chance (From Affairs To Prostitution And More!)
- Sister, Sister: Red Carpet Fashion Faceoff!
- Star Witness: 15 Celebrities Who Were Witnesses or Called to Testify in Major Cases
- You're Doing it Wrong!: 15 Movies Based on a True Story That Received Backlash From Their Real-Life Characters
- They Survived Torment, Humiliation, And Degradation Before Fame: 15 Stars Who Were Bullied
- Fashion Forward: 12 Savvy Entrepreneurs To Take Note Of
- In Honor Of Asian American Heritage Week, 12 Of Our Fave Asian American Designers
- They're Greenlighting This? 14 Upcoming Movies That Make Us Question Hollywood's Thought Process