Over the past two years, Miu Miu has released a string of short films under its The Women’s Tales series — a project of commissioned works from renowned female directors across the globe, which also artistically highlight some of the brand’s clothing collection. Today the Italian fashion house debuted the fifth installment,”The Door” directed by Ava DuVernay, the first African-American woman to win the Best Director Prize at Sundance Film Festival.
To put it plainly, the film is breathtaking. Thanks to DuVernay sharp cinematic eye and a star-studded cast that includes Gabrielle Union (who plays the lead), Alfre Woodard, Adepero Oduye, Emayatzy Corinealdi and Goapele — we can’t stop watching it. Couple that will the covetable Miu Miu clothes displayed throughout the 9-minute production and you’ve got yourself a cinematic masterpiece.
See and read more about the film at BlackVoices.
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Overnight Sensations: 15 Celebrities Who Seem To Have Made It Overnight
- Tinseltown Magic: 15 Stars Who Have Opted For Plastic Surgery
- These Secret Twists Didn't Get Spoiled: 15 Of Our Favorite Old And New Film Fake-Outs
- Discovered by Disney: 15 Stars Who Got Their Start With Mickey
- The It Factor: Kelly Rowland's 10 Best Looks
- Editors' Pick: Best Shoe Game
- Politicians That Got A Second Chance (From Affairs To Prostitution And More!)
- Sister, Sister: Red Carpet Fashion Faceoff!