Athletes have come a long way from the days of Dennis Rodman’s ugly wigs and Micheal Jordan’s pinstriped suits. So far, that they’re now even attending shows at Fashion Week.
One of the more dapper members of the New York Knicks, Tyson Chandler was spotted by Paper Magazine at Alexander Wang’s Fall 2013 show. Wearing what looks to be pieces from the designer’s past collections, the baller and his wife, Kim, blended in with the fashion elite– besides his towering 7’1″ height.
When asked by the publication about the growing amount of athletes interested in fashion he said, “Absolutely [we're competitive].” Adding, “I think what makes us great athletes is our competitive nature — that’s the reason we made it to where we are — and if you’re competitive, you’re going to be competitive in anything you do and it definitely transfers [to fashion].”
We’re calling it now: In a year we expect a big and tall menswear line from him and Amar’e Stoudemire.
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Gifted and Talented: 15 Musicians Who Have Made Their Way On Screen
- Winners Circle: The Best Dressed StyleBlazers Of The Week (Misty Copeland, Kerry Washington And More)
- Modelizers: Leading Men Who Chose Models
- The Sequels Being Fast Tracked That You Didn't Expect: 15 Upcoming (And Surprising) Franchise Follow-Ups
- Billboard Music Awards: Best Dressed History
- Fitspiration: Brown Girls DO Work Out! (Our Fave Celebs Getting It In At The Gym)
- Fine Wine: 15 Men Who Got Better Looking With Age
- Embellished Fashion Pieces for Day & Night