What would the 90′s have been without the musical stylings of girl groups? They brought us songs that became the soundtrack to our lives and had us grooving while secretly pretending we were in a girl band ourselves. Ah, memories. TLC, Envogue, SWV, and Salt-n-Peppa are probably the most immediately recalled girl groups of the 90′s but what about the others?
We reminisced about the good old days with our list of Forgotten Boy Bands of the 90′s, now relive simpler times with our list of 90′s Girl Groups you forgot you used to love.
Blaque seemed modeled after the hit 90′s girl group TLC – no coincidence considering that Lisa “Left Eye” Lopes worked in managing the young group. The trio, whose name stands for Believing, Life, Achieving, Quest, Unity, Everything, rose to prominence in 1999 with their singles “808” and “I Do,” but their biggest hit was “Bring It All To Me” which featured Nsync’s JC Chasez –who most people assumed was Black when they heard the track. The song placed #5 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart while their debut self-titled album went platinum. Their next three albums went unreleased. The group announced a comeback in July 2012 but in the midst of creating their new album rapper Natina Reed was hit by a car and killed on October 26, 2012. It was announced the next month that remaining two girls would do a tribute album in her honor.
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- 15 Once Tween Stars Who Have Ditched The All American Look For A Edgier Persona!
- Winners Circle: The Best Dressed StyleBlazers Of The Week (Selena Gomez, Bridget Kelly And More!)
- Shop 16 Chic Accessories For Stylish Gadget Geeks & Techies
- So Hard To Say Goodbye: 15 Celebrity Couples We Were Sad To See Go
- Filtered Flicks: This Week’s Most Stylish On Instagram (Selita Ebanks Shines In Mizrahi, J.Lo Chills On Set With Pitbull And More!)
- Arrested Development: 15 Celebs Who Have Been Arrested
- 15 Celebs Who Ditched Their Long Hair For A Shorter Look
- These Actors Almost Missed Out (And So Did We): 15 Stars Who Nearly Passed On Iconic Roles