Randomly, Rosario Dawson decided to chop off her locs to go with the half-shaved hair look. Popularized by punk culture in the 70s, the cut was revived in the 2000s with Avril Lavigne. Since the Canadian singer gave life to the look, a plethora of stars have tried it and styled it in their own ways.
From shaved lettering to bouffant teases, there are many ways it can be styled. The problem is… something about the look seems played out. Like harem pants or crop tops, the half shaved look is so risque that only a few people can rock it.
Truthfully, we don’t love this look on Rosario, but it does work for the ladies below.
Do: Have fun with the haircut but trying updos, ponytails and even high buns.
Don’t: Be anything but confident with this look. This haircut stands out, so if you’re going to do it, be totally confident about it.
Do: Try going short on the longer end with a cute bouffant or pixie cut. If you want a more subtle version of this hairstyle, keeping your hair short is a great way to do it.
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Overnight Sensations: 15 Celebrities Who Seem To Have Made It Overnight
- Tinseltown Magic: 15 Stars Who Have Opted For Plastic Surgery
- These Secret Twists Didn't Get Spoiled: 15 Of Our Favorite Old And New Film Fake-Outs
- Discovered by Disney: 15 Stars Who Got Their Start With Mickey
- The It Factor: Kelly Rowland's 10 Best Looks
- Editors' Pick: Best Shoe Game
- Politicians That Got A Second Chance (From Affairs To Prostitution And More!)
- Sister, Sister: Red Carpet Fashion Faceoff!