It would be nice to think that every Hollywood actor is a versatile, chameleon-like performer along the lines of a Daniel Day Lewis or Robert De Niro. In actuality, the vast majority tend to play the same characters over and over and over again. To help break your silver screen sense of Déjà vu, here is a guide to 15 performers who play the same parts again and again.
Photo: Nikki Nelson/WENN.com
On the whole, Clint Eastwood has been playing a variation of two different types of characters the majority of his career. During his Western period, he mostly fell back on “The Man With No Name” archetype that made him a star thanks to A Fistful of Dollars and its ensuing trilogy. Eventually, the character type was retired after the release of Eastwood’s Academy Award winning film Unforgiven. Nowadays the actor continues to fall back on his Dirty Harry archetype—the gruff, grouchy, antisocial but morally upstanding man of action. This “grumpy old badass” has characterized his recent performances in everything from Million Dollar Baby to The Trouble With The Curve.
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Star Witness: 15 Celebrities Who Were Witnesses or Called to Testify in Major Cases
- You're Doing it Wrong!: 15 Movies Based on a True Story That Received Backlash From Their Real-Life Characters
- They Survived Torment, Humiliation, And Degradation Before Fame: 15 Stars Who Were Bullied
- Fashion Forward: 12 Savvy Entrepreneurs To Take Note Of
- In Honor Of Asian American Heritage Week, 12 Of Our Fave Asian American Designers
- They're Greenlighting This? 14 Upcoming Movies That Make Us Question Hollywood's Thought Process
- Musicians At The Movies: 15 Rock Stars, Rappers, And Pop Icons Who Received Their Own Film Vehicles
- 15 Musicians With The Biggest World Tours!