History has brought of several examples of dance movies. Some manage to have interesting enough characters and exciting dance sequences while others couldn’t be saved by even the most electric choreography.
Hit the cinematic dance floor with our list of 15 of the best and worst dance movies.
Stomp the Yard – Best
While a tad cliched–as most dance films are– Stomp the Yard, about an inner-city krump dancer whose mom sends him away to a historically Black college where he joins a stepping fraternity after his younger brother (played by Chris Brown) is killed in a fight, delivers a real story and genuine actors. With traditional step routines modernized by the wild style of krump movements, the stepping sequences are impressive as are Columbus Short’s and Chris Brown’s dancing skills.
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Gifted and Talented: 15 Musicians Who Have Made Their Way On Screen
- Winners Circle: The Best Dressed StyleBlazers Of The Week (Misty Copeland, Kerry Washington And More)
- Modelizers: Leading Men Who Chose Models
- The Sequels Being Fast Tracked That You Didn't Expect: 15 Upcoming (And Surprising) Franchise Follow-Ups
- Billboard Music Awards: Best Dressed History
- Fitspiration: Brown Girls DO Work Out! (Our Fave Celebs Getting It In At The Gym)
- Fine Wine: 15 Men Who Got Better Looking With Age
- Embellished Fashion Pieces for Day & Night