Susan L. Taylor put black beauty and brains on the map in the national media as editor-in-chief of Essence magazine and the mastermind behind the brand we know and love today.
Taylor’s entry into the media world started at Essence. She became a freelancer for the magazine in 1970, the same year it was founded, after a line of customized cosmetics and natural skin-care products she developed came to the attention of it’s founding editors.
Read more about this remarkable lady at Madame Noire.
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- In Light Of Yahoo's Big Day: 10 Fashion Tumblrs You Need To Follow
- Powerball Flashback: A Look At Winners Past
- Hollywood's 15 Most Famous On Again-Off Again Couples
- Are These Once M.I.A. Celebs Ready For A Comeback? 15 Stars That May Be Poised For Career Revival
- Fun and Sun: 15 Summer Beauty Must-Haves
- Blue Carpet Rundown: The 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- Gifted and Talented: 15 Musicians Who Have Made Their Way On Screen
- Winners Circle: The Best Dressed StyleBlazers Of The Week (Misty Copeland, Kerry Washington And More)