Jourdan Dunn knows her dance history. The British model has always been a bit of a goofball, but when it comes to the Harlem Shake, she’s fully aware that the new Gangham-style version of the uptown dance is not the original. At the TopShop Unique show, her, Cara Delevingne and Rosie Tapner did a model version of the trending two step– with music included.
Evidenced in the video above.
But a day later at the Burberry Prorsum show, she clarified about the real Harlem Shake saying, “It’s not really the Harlem Shake. It’s rubbish.”
The model even took the time to school her fellow MTV “House of Style” co-host, Karlie Kloss on the difference by doing the original dance. ”I learned the Harlem Shake as a different dance, like it’s actually an old dance. Then I saw everyone taking these videos and I was like this isn’t the Harlem Shake that I know. So yesterday that’s how I learnt to do the new Harlem Shake, but it’s not really the Harlem Shake.”
Look at laugh at her moment of clarity below.
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Overnight Sensations: 15 Celebrities Who Seem To Have Made It Overnight
- Tinseltown Magic: 15 Stars Who Have Opted For Plastic Surgery
- These Secret Twists Didn't Get Spoiled: 15 Of Our Favorite Old And New Film Fake-Outs
- Discovered by Disney: 15 Stars Who Got Their Start With Mickey
- The It Factor: Kelly Rowland's 10 Best Looks
- Editors' Pick: Best Shoe Game
- Politicians That Got A Second Chance (From Affairs To Prostitution And More!)
- Sister, Sister: Red Carpet Fashion Faceoff!