Photo: Charles Dharapak/AP
Ever since First Lady Michelle Obama debuted her chic bangs, everyone’s had an opinion on them. Not to mention, she had women everywhere flocking to the hair salon to cut some flirty fringe. President Barack Obama adores them: “I love her bangs… She looks good. She always looks good.” But Karl Lagerfeld panned them, and called the cut a “bad idea.”
In an interview with Rachel Ray, the First Lady spoke about her new ‘do, and of course, her open and down to earth reminds us why she’s our she-ro:
“This is my mid-life crisis, the bangs. I couldn’t get a sports car. They won’t let me bungee jump. So instead, I cut my bangs.”
At 49 years old, the style icon with super toned arms that put twentysomethings to shame continues to set trends. We’d say that she’s as far from a mid-life crisis as anyone could be!
StyleBlazers, what do you think of Michelle Obama’s bangs?
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- 15 Once Tween Stars Who Have Ditched The All American Look For A Edgier Persona!
- Winners Circle: The Best Dressed StyleBlazers Of The Week (Selena Gomez, Bridget Kelly And More!)
- Shop 16 Chic Accessories For Stylish Gadget Geeks & Techies
- So Hard To Say Goodbye: 15 Celebrity Couples We Were Sad To See Go
- Filtered Flicks: This Week’s Most Stylish On Instagram (Selita Ebanks Shines In Mizrahi, J.Lo Chills On Set With Pitbull And More!)
- Arrested Development: 15 Celebs Who Have Been Arrested
- 15 Celebs Who Ditched Their Long Hair For A Shorter Look
- These Actors Almost Missed Out (And So Did We): 15 Stars Who Nearly Passed On Iconic Roles