It’s rare to find a remake of song that manages to outshine the original composition. There’s that saying that you can’t beat a classic, but in some cases a cover or remix of a track can breathe a whole new life into a song.
Check out these 15 covers and remixes that are better than the originals!
Superstar – Luther Vandross
We might be upsetting some hardcore fans of The Carpenters but Luther Vandross’ voice just melts like butter on his rendition of this often interpreted classic. Originally written and recorded by husband and wife duo Delaney & Bonnie, the song just seems to come to life with Vandross’ ultra smooth sound. The late singer makes a song about a groupie’s obsession with a musician she had a one night stand with into a genuine love song.
‘ The Cover: Luther Vandross
The Original: Delaney and Bonnie
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Winners Circle: The Best Dressed StyleBlazers Of The Week (Selena Gomez, Bridget Kelly And More!)
- Shop 16 Chic Accessories For Stylish Gadget Geeks & Techies
- So Hard To Say Goodbye: 15 Celebrity Couples We Were Sad To See Go
- Filtered Flicks: This Week’s Most Stylish On Instagram (Selita Ebanks Shines In Mizrahi, J.Lo Chills On Set With Pitbull And More!)
- Arrested Development: 15 Celebs Who Have Been Arrested
- 15 Celebs Who Ditched Their Long Hair For A Shorter Look
- These Actors Almost Missed Out (And So Did We): 15 Stars Who Nearly Passed On Iconic Roles
- Celeb Moms That Bounced Back After Pregnancy Like It Was Nothing (Beyoncé's Body Post Blue Ivy, Jennifer Lopez's Curves After Twins and More!)