Karl Lagerfeld has released a sketch for his collaboration with Brazilian shoe brand Melissa. The company is know for jelly-style designs, and Lagerfeld’s will incorporate the colors of the Brazilian flag splashed on Mary Janes. The shoe will debut on March 26, in New York at the Galeria Melissa, and the event will also include an exhibit of the designer’s photos. Melissa’s CEO Paulo Pedó shared more detail about the collaboration in WWD:
“Melissa has been great in translating Karl’s inspirations and designs into truly iconic, fun fashion products that many women in the world will happily wear. Karl’s design talent is synonymous with couture and has been translated into footwear, bridging the gap between high-end and commercial. The partnership extends our customer base and makes his name accessible for everyone”.
StyleBlazers, will you wear jellies designed by Karl Lagerfeld?
-Adrienne A. Gadling
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Editors' Pick: Must Have Summer Items
- TV Chic: Top 15 Most Fashionable TV Characters
- 15 Fitness Tips & Tricks From The Stars
- 15 Timeless Beauties We Love
- The Fountain of Youth: 15 Celebrity Anti-Aging Tips & Tricks
- 15 Celebrities Who Helped Revive Other Celeb's Careers
- Films of the Future? 15 Movies That Accurately Predicted Events
- 15 Celebs Who Had Crazy Custody Battles