Jackson Heights native turned Hollywood A-lister Lucy Liu looks incredible on the cover of Fitness Magazine‘s March 2013 issue! The 44 year old star of the TV series, Elementary and one-two punch knockout shares her tips for a hot healthy bod, her fitness routine, and maintaining a positive body image in Hollywood:
“Part of being an actress is that people are going to judge you whether you gain or lose weight — it’s just sort of a given. But I’ve never had issues with food. When I was growing up, my family didn’t have a lot. So if there was food, I was going to eat it!”
In addition to eating well and hitting the gym, Lucy also keeps her mind strong with meditation: “I’ve been meditating twice a day for about two years now. It’s helped me so much! It gives me a feeling of comfort and safety, and makes me feel as if I’m part of a bigger plan.”
But even the healthiest of girls needs a little help her friends! Lucy relies on her circle of friends are her best motivators: “A group of five of us – friends and friends of friends – got an e-mail chain going, and we all set goals: an ideal weight, inches we wanted to lose, eating habits we wanted to adopt. We would e-mail, saying ‘I ran today’ or ‘I ate this,’ and we’d share recipes.”
Go ahead girls, dust off those New Year’s Resolutions. Get up and out!
Check out more photos from Lucy Liu’s Fitness cover shoot below.
StyleBlazers, has Lucy Liu motivated you to get fit?
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- In Light Of Yahoo's Big Day: 10 Fashion Tumblrs You Need To Follow
- Powerball Flashback: A Look At Winners Past
- Hollywood's 15 Most Famous On Again-Off Again Couples
- Are These Once M.I.A. Celebs Ready For A Comeback? 15 Stars That May Be Poised For Career Revival
- Fun and Sun: 15 Summer Beauty Must-Haves
- Blue Carpet Rundown: The 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- Gifted and Talented: 15 Musicians Who Have Made Their Way On Screen
- Winners Circle: The Best Dressed StyleBlazers Of The Week (Misty Copeland, Kerry Washington And More)