There are women who follow trends and there are those who set them, with sets the standard with their individual styles. Women who are sure to go down in the fashion history books are stylish women with distinctive flair—First Lady Michelle Obama, Angela Basset, Iman and Janelle Monae. The time has come to decide who will carry the fashion icon torch for the next generation and the nominees are in. There aren’t too many women who shine through fashion, talent and hard work, but these ladies make it happen.
Click through to see the fashion icons of the new school, and tell us if we missed anyone.
One word to describe Angela Basset’s style is “class.”
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- The Evolution of Baby Kimye: From Baby Bump to Bouncing Baby Girl!
- Father's Day Love: 15 Of The Most Adorable Celebrity Photos
- 15 Of the Most Surprising Things Celebs Have Said
- Red Carpet Rundown: The Best Looks Of The 2013 Daytime Emmy Awards
- Married and Barely Legal: 15 Celebs That Got Married Before 21
- Where Are They Now? 15 Rappers Who Fell Off the Map
- Winners Circle: The Best Dressed StyleBlazers Of The Week (Jordana Brewster, Hollis Wakeema And More!)
- The 15 StyleBlazer Closets We'd Love to Peek Into!