Spring is coming, StyleBlazers! If you’re looking to spruce up your ‘do with a brand new color and need some inspiration, we have you covered. We spotted some of our fave celebs rocking rich hair hues that are just screaming “copy me at your local salon!” so we put together a mini lookbook. Of course we have to remind you of some dye house rules:
1. Never EVER relax and color hair on the same day unless you’re using a temporary rinse (and even then make sure you read the instructions carefully). Double processing can mean a double whammy on already stressed tresses and you don’t want to run your fingers through your hair and have clumps of that new process fall out.
2. Be sure to use color-friendly products. If you want to make sure your color stays vibrant, be sure to use products that work on color-treated hair. Thankfully these products are easy to spot since they’ll say so on the bottle, but you can also use some of your favorite sulfate-free shampoos and conditioners that may already exist in your stash.
3. Make sure you moisturize! Regular deep conditioning is at the utmost importance for colored hair as the process can tend to make hair drier and more brittle. You’ll also want to use a light daily moisturizer like Ojon Revitalizing Mist to help hydrate your strands without weighing the hair down.
4. Leave the dye jobs to the professionals—please. You can play kitchen beautician when it comes to simple rinses or touching up your roots, but please, PLEASE leave everything else to a pro.
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Fashion Forward: 12 Savvy Entrepreneurs To Take Note Of
- In Honor Of Asian American Heritage Week, 12 Of Our Fave Asian American Designers
- They're Greenlighting This? 14 Upcoming Movies That Make Us Question Hollywood's Thought Process
- Musicians At The Movies: 15 Rock Stars, Rappers, And Pop Icons Who Received Their Own Film Vehicles
- 15 Musicians With The Biggest World Tours!
- Hollywood Slim Down: 15 Stars Who Lost Major Weight
- In Light Of Yahoo's Big Day: 10 Fashion Tumblrs You Need To Follow
- Powerball Flashback: A Look At Winners Past