“Standing at the bus stop, sucking on a lollipop…” Around the Way Girl was undeniably the homegirl anthem of the 90′s. Flash back to the year 1990, you were posted in front of your 19-inch CRT TV, tuned into Yo! MTV Raps watching a young L.L. Cool J stroll through the streets of NYC in a bucket hat, giant bead necklace and cuffed denim—with a video camera, in search of his Around the Way Girl. 10 karat gold door knockers, chunky rope chains, baggy overalls, 54-11′s and spandex shorts paired with a fancy bra, were the uniforms of choice (for the ladies).
The 90′s was the “anti-fashion, anything goes” decade, casual style wasn’t frowned upon, it was celebrated. Today, celebs infuse hints of fashion from the wacky decade but no one does it better than these Around the Way Girls. Click through to see some of our favorite stars rocking the trend well.
Bonus: Scroll all the way to the end. There’s a special treat waiting for you!
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- 15 Celebs Who Had Crazy Custody Battles
- Becoming 'Yeezus': How Kanye West's Style Has Evolved Since 'The College Dropout'
- 15 Fashion Trends We Never Want To See Again!
- They Turned Up The Melodrama For TV Movies: 15 Stars Who Starred In Lifetime Original Films
- 15 Celebs Who Love A Pair Of Ripped Jeans
- Extreme Beauty: 15 Wacky Celebrity Beauty Treatments
- The Evolution of Baby Kimye: From Baby Bump to Bouncing Baby Girl!
- Father's Day Love: 15 Of The Most Adorable Celebrity Photos