Long hair, don’t care, that Lauren London always has her mane on point. At the LA premiere for “The Help”, the lovely actress rocked some cute white beaded pants (rumored to be from Project Runway winner Irina Shabayeva) a blazer and sheer blouse with amazing hair on top. Shiny, healthy looking strands came down to her hips in true Lauren fashion. There’s definitely some pieces added to that, and we’re not mad. That’s what a weave is supposed to look like, real and convincing! We could probably take a note from Lauren on how she rocks the hell out of a weave. Here are some pointers we know she would say:
1. When you leave a lot of your own hair out on top and have an amazing stylist who knows how to blend and cut, more than likely, your weave will appear to look more real.
2. The key to wearing pieces is to match the texture perfectly to your hair when it’s straightened. Not the texture you want it to be, but what it most closely resembles.
3. The most important thing to do while wearing a weave, is to NOT use any hair products. Good hair is embalmed with products to help sustain and preserve the hair keeping it shiny for long wear.
See another view of her red carpet look on the next page:
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Gifted and Talented: 15 Musicians Who Have Made Their Way On Screen
- Winners Circle: The Best Dressed StyleBlazers Of The Week (Misty Copeland, Kerry Washington And More)
- Modelizers: Leading Men Who Chose Models
- The Sequels Being Fast Tracked That You Didn't Expect: 15 Upcoming (And Surprising) Franchise Follow-Ups
- Billboard Music Awards: Best Dressed History
- Fitspiration: Brown Girls DO Work Out! (Our Fave Celebs Getting It In At The Gym)
- Fine Wine: 15 Men Who Got Better Looking With Age
- Embellished Fashion Pieces for Day & Night