As a challenge for Britain’s Comic Relief Charity Night, singer Jessie J made good on her promise to shave off all her hair. The 24-year-old was able to raise over half a million UK pounds for the charity that donates money for eight poverty and education focused non-profits.
The singer mentioned her desired to shave her hair almost a year ago, but when the opportunity presented itself to do it for Comic Relief she was more than willing. “Shaving my head for charity is something I’ve promised to do for a long time and Comic Relief has given me the opportunity to try and raise as much money as possible for good causes by doing it,” she said in the press.
Lenny Henry, a comedian and co-founder of the charity did the official honors on live TV before Jessie’s hairstylist stepped in. The look really suits the singer who was excited about the change. She tweeted soon after, “I did it! Thank you to everyone who is donating! Please keep texting YES to 70010.”
Two thumbs up for her new look and the great cause behind it!
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Gifted and Talented: 15 Musicians Who Have Made Their Way On Screen
- Winners Circle: The Best Dressed StyleBlazers Of The Week (Misty Copeland, Kerry Washington And More)
- Modelizers: Leading Men Who Chose Models
- The Sequels Being Fast Tracked That You Didn't Expect: 15 Upcoming (And Surprising) Franchise Follow-Ups
- Billboard Music Awards: Best Dressed History
- Fitspiration: Brown Girls DO Work Out! (Our Fave Celebs Getting It In At The Gym)
- Fine Wine: 15 Men Who Got Better Looking With Age
- Embellished Fashion Pieces for Day & Night