You can fake a lot of things in this industry—smiles, hair, even the occasional job title to an old frenemy—but the CFDA and eBay are back for another year to remind us, “YOU CAN’T FAKE FASHION“!
Since 2011 the CFDA has been partnering with eBay to advance the efforts of You Can’t Fake Fashion. The campaign is aimed at raising public awareness about counterfeit goods, educating shoppers about the dangers of purchasing counterfeits, and celebrating original design by those working in the fashion industry. And with this campaign comes the iconic totes baring the declarative motto.
The CFDA and eBay called on the skills of 90 of our favorite designers, including Diane von Furstenberg, Ralph Lauren, Tory Burch, Rachel Roy, Prabal Gurung and rag & bone, to each customize a one-of-a-kind tote in support of the campaign.
The collection totes went on sale 12pm today and are available at auction starting at $100; while a new, unique style of the standard tote will be available for purchase at the same time, at a fixed ‘Buy It Now’ price of $50, exclusively at eBay. The auction concludes at 9 AM PT/12 PM ET on March 25.
Check out a few of our favorite totes from the collection below!
Editor’s Pick: Stephen Dweck
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Politicians That Got A Second Chance (From Affairs To Prostitution And More!)
- Sister, Sister: Red Carpet Fashion Faceoff!
- Star Witness: 15 Celebrities Who Were Witnesses or Called to Testify in Major Cases
- You're Doing it Wrong!: 15 Movies Based on a True Story That Received Backlash From Their Real-Life Characters
- They Survived Torment, Humiliation, And Degradation Before Fame: 15 Stars Who Were Bullied
- Fashion Forward: 12 Savvy Entrepreneurs To Take Note Of
- In Honor Of Asian American Heritage Week, 12 Of Our Fave Asian American Designers
- They're Greenlighting This? 14 Upcoming Movies That Make Us Question Hollywood's Thought Process