It’s bigger than hip hop. Not only is the genre dominating mainstream radio and setting trends, it’s the cool timestamp on our culture. From its inception, hip-hop has a mutual relationship with fashion trends, so it’s exciting (and about time) that hip-hop’s brightest stars are featured within the pages of high fashion glossies. A roster of rap’s newest players are featured in GQ Style UK‘s “Bigger Than Hip-Hop” editorial. In a fashion yearbook format, each artist rocks their individual style and shares their goal in the game. It’s no secret that Kendrick Lamar has put Compton on the map, by keeping it original. Even soul talent Miguel made the list, with a mission to re-energize R&B.
The newest stars includes two new ladies: fashion darling Angel Haze and edged out, braided up Brooke Candy.
They’ve got next!
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Fashion Forward: 12 Savvy Entrepreneurs To Take Note Of
- In Honor Of Asian American Heritage Week, 12 Of Our Fave Asian American Designers
- They're Greenlighting This? 14 Upcoming Movies That Make Us Question Hollywood's Thought Process
- Musicians At The Movies: 15 Rock Stars, Rappers, And Pop Icons Who Received Their Own Film Vehicles
- 15 Musicians With The Biggest World Tours!
- Hollywood Slim Down: 15 Stars Who Lost Major Weight
- In Light Of Yahoo's Big Day: 10 Fashion Tumblrs You Need To Follow
- Powerball Flashback: A Look At Winners Past