This 40-year-old Swedish-Ethiopian expat has a keen eye for style. Marcus Samuelsson is the executive chef and co-owner of Red Rooster Harlem, a chic Uptown oasis where food and fashion properly collide. “The culinary arts and style cross over in everything we do, ” says the Top Chef Masters, season 2 winner. “We eat with our eyes.”
Samuelsson whipped up some of his favorite summer dishes on Good Morning America, last friday, before sitting down with us to discuss his unconventional style. Back in March, the New York Times chronicled the self-professed sneaker head’s looks for 7 days straight, and to trump that accolade, Vanity Fair named Samuelsson on their 2011 Best-Dressed list. Pretty cool for a chef Maya Angelou’s prepared lunch for.
Take a peek at the video above to learn more about the man behind the food.
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- In Light Of Yahoo's Big Day: 10 Fashion Tumblrs You Need To Follow
- Powerball Flashback: A Look At Winners Past
- Hollywood's 15 Most Famous On Again-Off Again Couples
- Are These Once M.I.A. Celebs Ready For A Comeback? 15 Stars That May Be Poised For Career Revival
- Fun and Sun: 15 Summer Beauty Must-Haves
- Blue Carpet Rundown: The 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- Gifted and Talented: 15 Musicians Who Have Made Their Way On Screen
- Winners Circle: The Best Dressed StyleBlazers Of The Week (Misty Copeland, Kerry Washington And More)