The rumors have been settled. Stacey Dash confirms that she decided to abandon the cast of Single Ladies. And with season two slated to kick off in just a few weeks, we’re left wondering, what the heck does this mean for the hit VH1 show?
The mother of two told Global Grind yesterday:
“I truly enjoyed playing Val on ‘Single Ladies’, but I have decided to leave the show. I have to be back in LA with my children right now and the ‘Single Ladies’ shooting location makes that impossible. I wish VH1 the best of luck with the show and in maintaining the strong fan base we developed in season one.”
Hmm, seems as though those accusations of catfights, diva tudes’ and pretty princess antics between Stacey Dash and her co-star LisaRaye, hold some validity after all. There has to be more to this story. Stacey was well aware of the shooting location when she signed on to star as Val. Her kids don’t have a nanny?
VH1 released a follow-up statement:
“VH1 respects Stacey’s decision and her commitment to what she feels is best for her family. We thank her for all of her hard work in making ‘Single Ladies’ a success right out of the gate, and we wish her nothing but the best in her future plans.”
It sucks that two very talented, beautiful, successful black women allowed immature drama to disrupt a good show, with great fashion and the potential to do very well. Why can’t we all just get along?
StyleBlazers, what do you think? Why did Stacey really leave the show? Come on, tell us!
-Metanoya Z. Webb
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Gifted and Talented: 15 Musicians Who Have Made Their Way On Screen
- Winners Circle: The Best Dressed StyleBlazers Of The Week (Misty Copeland, Kerry Washington And More)
- Modelizers: Leading Men Who Chose Models
- The Sequels Being Fast Tracked That You Didn't Expect: 15 Upcoming (And Surprising) Franchise Follow-Ups
- Billboard Music Awards: Best Dressed History
- Fitspiration: Brown Girls DO Work Out! (Our Fave Celebs Getting It In At The Gym)
- Fine Wine: 15 Men Who Got Better Looking With Age
- Embellished Fashion Pieces for Day & Night