We first became familiar with the beautiful Tika Sumpter on Gossip Girl and we’ve loved her ever since. She is now starring on Tyler Perry’s new show, The Haves and Have Nots, on OWN. She recently divulged her beauty secrets to Metro World News. Find out what she had to say!
What she learned beautywise from Gossip Girl and Sparkle:
“Everything on ‘Gossip Girl’ was simple and pretty, very much like that Blake Lively fresh-faced look. But the movie ‘Sparkle’ introduced me to ’60s makeup. Now, if you’re going to line my eyes, it has to be the blackest liner possible.”
How she keeps her skin flawless:
“I’ll apply the Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque. It shrinks your pores and dries up pimples.
Her nightly beauty routine:
“At night, I take a washrag, add a pump of coconut oil and remove my makeup. Then I wash my face with the Murad AHA/BHA Exfoliating Cleanser and moisturize with Keri lotion.”
Her favorite beauty products:
1. Keri Original Body Lotion- “I use this everyday on my face and body.”
2. Tarte LipSurgence Matte LipTint in Exposed- “I’m a no-fuss makeup person, and this color is so easy and wearable.”
3. Make Up For Ever HD Foundation in Coffee- “It’s so light on your skin, it barely feels like you have anything on.”
4. CoverGirl Queen Collection Natural Hue Bronzer in Ebony Bronze- “I love it because it contours without making your face look contoured. It just gives it extra dimension.”
5. House of Lashes Au Naturale Hollywood Glam Lashes- “…When you put the lashes on, you look insane. They will change your life.”