There’s a reason why Michael Kors is a CFDA Lifetime Achievement Award winner. This guy really knows how to put a collection together. His Spring 2012 line might as well be dubbed “Out of Africa” as he presents a cohesive and never boring ethnic & tribal inspired array of wearable looks.
It’s all here: tie-dye, bold zebra, leopard and cheetah prints, Masai inspired handbags and loose dresses, swimsuits with animal-skin insets, and all kinds of covetable sandals. Perhaps our favorite part about the whole presentation is the diverse range of models he used to show the clothes; Black, white, Asian – all with fresh, minimal-looking makeup that was absolutely picture perfect for a lovely Spring day.
Looking at the collection, one may erroneously think that with such a well-defined overarching theme, it would be a pretty easy collection to execute. But that’s where, the mark of a master shows up. Mr. Kors has really done an impeccable job of diffusing the ethnic/African trend into new styles that are chic, modern, fresh and absolutely ready to wear.
See some of our favorite looks below:
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- 15 Once Tween Stars Who Have Ditched The All American Look For A Edgier Persona!
- Winners Circle: The Best Dressed StyleBlazers Of The Week (Selena Gomez, Bridget Kelly And More!)
- Shop 16 Chic Accessories For Stylish Gadget Geeks & Techies
- So Hard To Say Goodbye: 15 Celebrity Couples We Were Sad To See Go
- Filtered Flicks: This Week’s Most Stylish On Instagram (Selita Ebanks Shines In Mizrahi, J.Lo Chills On Set With Pitbull And More!)
- Arrested Development: 15 Celebs Who Have Been Arrested
- 15 Celebs Who Ditched Their Long Hair For A Shorter Look
- These Actors Almost Missed Out (And So Did We): 15 Stars Who Nearly Passed On Iconic Roles