Lady Gaga is officially back on the scene with the leak of her first single from her third album, “ArtPop.” And the singer was just announced as a part of the 2013 Video Music Awards musical lineup at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn on Aug 25. As a result of all this buzz, the singer has been spotted rocking distinctly less extravagant looks than before– be gone meat dress! You know how it goes with her: new album, new style.
In the past, it’s been noted that Gaga has the uncanny ability to reinvent her style, but she’s also suffered from spot-on comparisons to other artists. One in particular is Madonna, who’s she’s been compared to since the debut of her album “The Fame” in 2008. Having a lot of the same influences, like Marilyn Monroe and Andy Warhol, it’s often hard to not to see Gaga as the mirror image of the pop icon.
This similarity is even more apparent with the release of her new single “Applause,” that… if you ask us, was directly jacked from Madonna’s 1989 album “Like a Prayer” album. Here are six ways Gaga’s style right now is exactly like Madonna’s:
1. Bras –not bralettes, but bras– have become an everyday item.
2. She’s ventured from platinum blonde to dark brunette, but could easily switch back.
3. Black is the ONLY color she wears.
4. Torn clothing is considered a cute accent.
5. Her single, “Applause” has serious rave party appeal, like “Express Yourself” still does today.
Don’t see it? Listen to her single and tell us your thoughts.