After the swift and much storied departure of head designer Christophe Decarnin during Paris fashion week last year, his young apprentice Olivier Rousteing has taken the helm at Balmain. Though he showed a collection during Resort presentations, this was Rousteing’s big runway debut. At the tender age of 25, Rousteing has proved that his two years working under Decarnin has resulted in a rather seamless transition style wise. He stayed close to flashy house-form with gilded, fringed and rhinestoned looks. Heading Westward, we saw pastiche nods to Americana with flowing denim skirts and almost Elvis-inspired chic in prominence. Ornate Baroque swirls populated slim ankle-grazing pants and high-waisted pencil skirts.
In addition to the announcement of Balmain’s new budget-friendly diffusion line, we’re excited about what young Rousteing has up his gilded sleeve for the fashion masses. Check out the looks below.
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- In Light Of Yahoo's Big Day: 10 Fashion Tumblrs You Need To Follow
- Powerball Flashback: A Look At Winners Past
- Hollywood's 15 Most Famous On Again-Off Again Couples
- Fun and Sun: 15 Summer Beauty Must-Haves
- Blue Carpet Rundown: The 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- Gifted and Talented: 15 Musicians Who Have Made Their Way On Screen
- Winners Circle: The Best Dressed StyleBlazers Of The Week (Misty Copeland, Kerry Washington And More)