Cam Newton is Six feet, five inches, 250-pounds of pure handsome, and the newest and hottest addition to the NFL. He is simply astonishing to look at on and off the field.
The exceptionally talented 22-year-old, was not only selected first in this year’s NFL draft, but also just signed a deal with the Carolina Panthers for four years for $22 million. The chiseled, Atlanta native has a laundry list of companies who want to endorse him already for being an amazing quarterback and being chased by 300 pound men for a living. Of course Cam is expected to be the NFL’s newest white knight, but the Rookie is taking it on like a champ.
When asked in Interview Magazine if it was intimidating to be put into a leadership position straight from college and at 22 years old, he responded with:
” Ummm…Not really. That’s just something that comes natural in a person. The hard part is that you’re always in the spotlight. Oftentimes I see myself on TV, and it’s like, “Man, what have I become?” I used to hope I was gonna be on TV, hoping people would see me playing football. Now, I’m being critiqued at the highest level—you know, “Cam didn’t do that right. He didn’t do this right.” Which is fine, but there’s no off switch. If I go downstairs right now and cuss out somebody, it’s going to be on ESPN tomorrow, you can believe that. That’s the difference.”
Cam Newton is also on the rise to being a style icon himself, gracing the pages of GQ not long ago looking just as dapper as can be. “I want to dress, you know, relatively nice and clean, you know? Not baggy, not loose. I want everything to be flush and neat”, says Cam.
Who says NFL players can’t be fine, talented, smart and well-dressed?
Check out his shots from the latest issue of Interview Magazine on the following pages:
StyleBlazer Must Reads:
- Gifted and Talented: 15 Musicians Who Have Made Their Way On Screen
- Winners Circle: The Best Dressed StyleBlazers Of The Week (Misty Copeland, Kerry Washington And More)
- Modelizers: Leading Men Who Chose Models
- The Sequels Being Fast Tracked That You Didn't Expect: 15 Upcoming (And Surprising) Franchise Follow-Ups
- Billboard Music Awards: Best Dressed History
- Fitspiration: Brown Girls DO Work Out! (Our Fave Celebs Getting It In At The Gym)
- Fine Wine: 15 Men Who Got Better Looking With Age
- Embellished Fashion Pieces for Day & Night